When you use Codespots, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice applies to users of Codespots’s services anywhere in the world, including users of Codespots’s apps, websites, features, or other services. This notice describes how Codespots and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This notice applies to all users of our apps, websites, features, or other services anywhere in the world, unless covered by a separate privacy notice, such as the Codespots Freight Privacy Notice. This notice specifically applies to:
- ✓ Drivers: individuals who provide, or submit applications to Codespots to provide, transportation individually or through partner transportation companies
- ✓ Delivery recipients: individuals who request or receive food, or other products and services
- ✓ Delivery partners: individuals who provide, or submit applications to Codespots to provide, delivery or other services
This notice also governs Codespots’s other collections of personal data in connection with Codespots’s services. For example, we may collect the contact information of individuals who use accounts owned by Codespots for Business customers or of owners or employees of Codespots restaurant partners, or we may collect other personal data in connection with our mapping technology and features.
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
In addition, please note the following:
- ✓ For riders without an Codespots account: The personal data of riders who take trips arranged by the owners of an Codespots account, such as when a rider takes a ride arranged by the owner of an Codespots Health account (such as a hospital or healthcare provider), is processed in accordance with our contract with the owner of that account, and not as otherwise described in this notice. Such processing may include sharing of rider location data with the owner of that account. Please contact the owner of such account for more information.
Our data practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this notice in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us here or through the addresses below with any questions regarding our practices in a particular country or region.
B. Data controller and transfer
Codespots LLC. are the data controllers for the personal data collected in connection with use of Codespots’s services in the UAE.
Codespots LLCis the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with use of Codespots’s services anywhere else.
Codespots LLCis the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with use of Codespots’s services anywhere else. We process personal data inside and outside of the United States. The personal data of users outside the United States is transferred on the basis of mechanisms approved under applicable laws, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses.
Questions, comments, and complaints about Codespots’s data practices can be submitted here.
III. Data collections and uses
A. The data we collect
- ✓ Data provided by users to Codespots, such as during account creation
- ✓ Data created during use of our services, such as location, app UAEge, and device data
- ✓ Data from other sources, such as Codespots partners and third parties that use Codespots APIs
The following data is collected by or on behalf of Codespots:
1. Data provided by users. This includes:
- ✓ User profile: We collect data when users create or update their Codespots accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification documents, including driver’s license numbers and images, birthdate, signature, and photo. This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers and delivery partners, and user settings. We may use the photos submitted by drivers and/or delivery partners to verify their identities, such as through facial recognition technologies. For more information, please see the section titled “How we use personal data.”
- ✓ Background check and identity verification: We collect background check and identity verification information for drivers and delivery partners. This may include information such as driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law), and right to work. This information may be collected by an authorized vendor on Codespots’s behalf. We also collect identity verification from Codespots users who request alcohol delivery.
- ✓ Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic data about users from third parties.
- ✓ User content: We collect the information users submit when they contact Codespots customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users or restaurant partners, or otherwise contact Codespots. This may include feedback, photographs or other recordings collected by users.
2. Data created during use of our services. This includes:
- ✓ Location data: We collect precise or approximate location data from a user’s mobile device if enabled by the user to do so. For drivers and delivery partners, Codespots collects this data when the Codespots app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device. For riders, delivery recipients, and renters, Codespots collects this data when the Codespots app is running in the foreground. In certain regions (which do not include the European Union), Codespots may also collect this data when the Codespots app is running in the background of the user’s mobile device. Riders, delivery recipients, and renters may use the Codespots apps without enabling Codespots to collect location data from their mobile devices. However, this may affect some functionality available in the Codespots apps. For example, a user who has not enabled location data collection will have to manually enter their address. In addition, the location data collected from a driver or rental device during a trip will be linked to the rider’s or renter’s account, even if they have not enabled location data to be collected from their device, including for purposes of receipt generation, customer support, fraud detection, insurance, and litigation.
- ✓ Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- ✓ UAEge data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Notice.
- ✓ Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- ✓ Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and Codespots through Codespots’s mobile apps and websites. For example, we enable drivers and riders, and restaurants or delivery partners and delivery recipients, to call, text, or send other files to each other (generally without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, Codespots receives some data regarding the calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. Codespots may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services, and for analytics.
- ✓ Rental devices data: We collect data generated by rental devices, such as bicycles, scooters, or other light electric vehicles or devices, when they’re in use. This includes the date and time of use, and the location, route, and distance traveled. To the extent permitted by law, the location data collected from the rental device during the trip will be linked to the renter’s account, even if they have not enabled Codespots to collect location data from their mobile device.
3. Data from other sources. This includes:
- ✓ User feedback, such as ratings, feedback, or compliments.
- ✓ Users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s personal data from that user.
- ✓ Codespots account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts. This includes owners of Codespots for Business accounts.
- ✓ Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- ✓ Codespots business partners through which users create or access their Codespots account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use Codespots’s APIs or whose APIs Codespots uses.
- ✓ Codespots business partners in connection with the Codespots Visa Cardto the extent disclosed in the terms and conditions for the card.
- ✓ Vendors who help us verify users’ identity, background information, and eligibility to work, for regulatory, safety, and security purposes.
- ✓ Insurance, vehicle, or financial services providers for drivers and/or delivery partners.
- ✓ Partner transportation companies (for drivers or delivery partners who use our services through an account associated with such a company).
- ✓ Publicly available sources.
- ✓ Marketing service providers.
Codespots may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
B. How we use personal data
Codespots collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery, and other products and services. We also use the data we collect:
- ✓ To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- ✓ For customer support
- ✓ For research and development
- ✓ To enable communications between users
- ✓ To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
- ✓ In connection with legal proceedings
Codespots does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
Codespots uses the data it collects for purposes including:
1. Providing services and features. Codespots uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services.
This includes using the data to:
- ✓ Create and update users’ accounts.
- ✓ Verify drivers’ and delivery partners’ identity, background history, and eligibility to work.
- ✓ Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services.
- ✓ Offer, process, or facilitate payments for our services.
- ✓ Offer, obtain, provide, or facilitate insurance, vehicle, invoicing, or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- ✓ Track and share the progress of rides or deliveries.
- ✓ Enable features that allow users to share information with other people, such as when riders submit a compliment about a driver, when delivery recipients provide feedback for a restaurant or delivery partner, refer a friend to Codespots, split fares, or share ETA and location with their contacts.
- ✓ Enable features to personalize users’ Codespots accounts, such as creating bookmarks for favorite places, and to enable quick access to previous destinations. We may, for example, present an Codespots user with personalized restaurant or food recommendations based on their prior orders. Please see the section of this notice titled “Choice and transparency” to learn how to object to this use of personal data.
- ✓ Enable Accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our services, such as those that enable deaf or hard-of-hearing drivers to alert their riders of their disabilities, allow only text messages from riders, and enable receipt of flashing trip request notifications instead of sound notifications on their mobile device.
- ✓ Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze UAEge and activity trends.
2. Safety and security. We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- ✓ Screening riders, drivers, and delivery partners before enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks, where permitted by law, to help prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers and/or riders.
- ✓ Using data from drivers’ or delivery partners’ devices to help identify unsafe driving behavior such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to inform them of safer driving practices. We also use data from delivery partners’ devices to verify the type of vehicles they used to provide deliveries.
- ✓ In certain regions, using information derived from driver’s license photos, and other photos submitted to Codespots, for safety and security purposes. This includes Codespots’s Real-Time ID Check feature, which prompts drivers and delivery partners to share a selfie before going online to help ensure that the driver or delivery partner using the app matches the Codespots account we have on file. This also includes comparing photographs that we have on file against photographs (i) of other users to prevent identity-borrowing, and (ii) from public databases to verify user identity.
- ✓ Using device, location, profile, UAEge, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
- ✓ Using user ratings and feedback to encourage compliance with our Community Guidelines and as grounds for deactivating drivers and delivery partners with low ratings or who otherwise violated such guidelines in certain countries.
3. Customer support. Codespots uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of the user) to provide customer support, including to:
- ✓ Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
- ✓ Investigate and address user concerns
- ✓ Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
4. Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
5. Enabling communications between users. For example, a driver may message or call a rider to confirm a pickup location, a rider may contact a driver to retrieve a lost item, or a restaurant or delivery partner may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
6. Marketing. Codespots may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about Codespots services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events.
We may also send communications to our users about products and services offered by Codespots partners. For example, if a user has placed an Codespots order, we may provide recommendations, promotions, or ads about similar food offered by other Codespots partners. Although we may send users communications about Codespots partners’ products and services, we do not sell users’ personal data to, or share it with, such partners or others for purposes of their own direct marketing or advertising, except with users’ consent.
We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on user location, past use of Codespots’s services, and user preferences and settings.
We may also send users communications regarding elections, ballots, referenda, and other political and notice processes that relate to our services. For example, Codespots has notified some users by email of ballot measures or pending legislation relating to the availability of Codespots’s services in those users’ areas.
7. Non-marketing communications. Codespots may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of Codespots or its partners.
8. Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of Codespots’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
9. Automated decision-making
We use personal data to make automated decisions relating to use of our services. This includes:
- ✓ Enabling dynamic pricing, in which the price of a ride, or the delivery fee for Codespots orders, is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance, the predicted route, estimated traffic, and the number of riders and drivers using Codespots at a given moment.
- ✓ Matching available drivers and delivery partners to users requesting services. Users can be matched based on availability, proximity, and other factors. Please see here for further information about our matching process.
- ✓ Determining driver and delivery partner ratings, and deactivating drivers, riders, and delivery partners with low ratings. For more information about how ratings are determined and used, please see here for rider ratings, herefor driver ratings, and here for delivery partner ratings. Please also see the section below titled “Ratings look-up” for further information.
- ✓ Deactivating users who are identified as having engaged in fraud or activities that may otherwise harm Codespots, its users, and others. In some cases, such as when a user is determined to be abusing Codespots’s referral program, such behavior may result in automatic deactivation.
- ✓ Using driver location information, and communications between riders and drivers, to identify cancellation fees earned or induced through fraud. For example, if we determine by using such information that a driver is delaying a rider pickup in order to induce a cancellation, we will not charge the rider a cancellation fee and will adjust the amounts paid to the driver to omit such a fee. To object to such adjustment, please contact Codespots customer support.
Click the links in this section for more information about these processes. To object to a deactivation resulting from these processes, please contact Codespots customer support.
C. Cookies and third-party technologies
- ✓ Authenticating users
- ✓ Remembering user preferences and settings
- ✓ Determining the popularity of content
- ✓ Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- ✓ Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
D. Data sharing and disclosure
Some of Codespots’s products, services, and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Codespots may share the data we collect:
1. With other users
This includes sharing:
- ✓ Riders’ first name, rating, and pickup and/or dropoff locations with drivers.
- ✓ Riders’ first name with other riders in a carpool trip. Riders in carpool trips may also see the dropoff location of the other riders.
- ✓ Delivery recipients’ first name, delivery address, and order information with their delivery partner and restaurant. We may also share ratings and feedback, or other information to the extent required by law, with the restaurant partner and delivery partner.
- ✓ For drivers and delivery partners, we may share data with the rider(s), delivery recipient(s), and restaurant partner(s), including name and photo; vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location (before and during trip); average rating provided by users; total number of trips; length of use of the Codespots app; contact information (depending upon applicable laws); and driver or delivery partner profile, including compliments and other feedback submitted by past users. We also provide riders and delivery recipients with receipts containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, driver or delivery partner first name, photo, route map, and such other information required on invoices in the country or region where the driver or delivery partner operates.
- ✓ For those who participate in Codespots’s referral program, we share certain personal data of referred users, such as trip count, with the user who referred them, to the extent relevant to determining the referral bonus.
2. At the user’s request
This includes sharing data with:
- ✓ Other people at the user’s request. For example, we share a user’s ETA and location with a friend when requested by that user, or a user’s trip information when they split a fare with a friend.
- ✓ Codespots business partners. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Codespots may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps or websites that integrate with our APIs; vehicle suppliers or services; those with an API or service with which we integrate; or restaurant partners or other Codespots business partners and their users in connection with promotions, contests, or specialized services.
3. With the general public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums such as Codespots blogs and Codespots social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user.
4. With the Codespots account owner
If a user requests transportation or places an order using an account owned by another party, we may share their order or trip information, including real-time location data, with the owner of that account. This occurs, for example, when:
- ✓ A rider uses their employer’s Codespots for Business profile, such as when they take trips arranged through Codespots Central
- ✓ A driver or delivery partner uses an account owned by or associated with an Codespots partner transportation company or restaurant
- ✓ A rider takes a trip arranged by a friend or under a Family Profile
- ✓ A delivery partner acts as a substitute (UK only)
5. With Codespots subsidiaries and affiliates
We share data with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, Codespots processes and stores data in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
6. With Codespots service providers and business partners
Codespots provides data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
- ✓ Payment processors and facilitators
- ✓ Background check and identity verification providers (drivers and delivery partners only)
- ✓ Cloud storage providers
- ✓ Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services
- ✓ Data analytics providers
- ✓ Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Codespots or on Codespots’s behalf
- ✓ Vendors that assist Codespots to enhance the safety and security of its apps
- ✓ Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
- ✓ Fleet partners
- ✓ Insurance and financing partners
- ✓ Airports
- ✓ Lime and other local providers
- ✓ Restaurant partners and/or their point of sale providers
- ✓ Vehicle solution vendors or third-party vehicle suppliers
7. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Codespots may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect Codespots’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, including trip or order information, with the owner of that credit card.
Please see Codespots’s Guidelines for Law Enforcement Authorities for more information.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
8. With consent
Codespots may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
E. Data retention and deletion
Codespots retains user profile, transaction, and other personal data for as long as a user maintains their Codespots account.
Codespots may retain certain user data after receiving an account deletion request if necessary, such as to comply with legal requirements.
Codespots retains user profile, transaction, and other information for as long as a user maintains their Codespots account. For drivers and delivery partners, Codespots also retains vehicle and background check information (to the extent permitted by law) for as long as they maintain their Codespots account.
Riders and delivery recipients may request deletion of their account at any time through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Codespots app, or through Codespots’s Help Center. Following such requests, Codespots deletes the data that it is not required to retain for purposes of regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation, or other legal requirements. For example, Codespots retains location, device, and UAEge data for these purposes for a minimum of 7 years; while it retains such data, it may also use it for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, and research and development. In certain circumstances, Codespots may be unable to delete a user’s account, such as if there’s an outstanding credit on the account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Codespots will delete the account as described above.
Codespots may also retain certain information if necessary for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention. For example, if Codespots deactivates a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Codespots may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Codespots account in the future.
F. Grounds for processing
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include processing user personal data to provide requested services and features, for purposes of Codespots’s legitimate interests or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.
We collect and use personal data only where we have one or more lawful grounds for doing so. Such grounds may vary depending on where our users are located, but generally include processing personal data:
a. To provide requested services and features
In order to provide our services, we must collect and use certain personal data. This includes:
- ✓ User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain user accounts; verify user identity; communicate with users about their trips, orders, and accounts; and enable users to make payments or receive earnings
- ✓ Background trip information, which is used to verify an applicant’s eligibility to be a driver or delivery partner
- ✓ Driver and delivery partner location data, which we use to track trips and assist with navigation
- ✓ UAEge data, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance Codespots’s services, including to determine incentives, connect riders and drivers, and calculate costs of trips and driver earnings
- ✓ Transaction information
- ✓ Information relating to customer support
b. For purposes of the legitimate interests of Codespots or other parties
This includes using personal data to maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we use personal data to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining data of banned users to prevent their use of Codespots’s apps. We also use UAEge data to prevent matching of riders and drivers for whom there is higher risk of conflict (for instance, because they have been the subject of prior complaints from other users).
This also includes purposes such as combating fraud; improving our services, direct marketing, research, and development; and enforcing Codespots’s Terms of Service.
In addition, it includes using personal data to the extent necessary for the interests of other people or the general public, such as in connection with legal or insurance claims, and to protect the rights and safety of others.
c. To fulfill Codespots’s legal obligations
For example, Codespots is subject to laws and regulations in many cities and countries that require it to collect and retain data about our users’ trips, and to provide copies of such data to the government or other authorities. We collect and use personal data to comply with such laws.
Codespots may also share data with law enforcement regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes. For more information about such sharing, please see Codespots’s Guidelines for Law Enforcement Authorities - United States, Guidelines for Law Enforcement Authorities - Outside the US, and Guidelines for Third Party Data Requests and Service of Legal Documents.
d. With consent
Codespots may collect and use personal data based on the user’s consent. For example, we may collect personal data through voluntary surveys. Responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent and will be deleted once no longer necessary for the purposes collected.
A user who has provided consent to a collection or use of their personal data can revoke it at any time. However, the user will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal data.
IV. Choice and transparency
Codespots enables users to access and control the data that Codespots collects, including through:
- ✓ In-app settings
- ✓ Device permissions
- ✓ In-app ratings pages
- ✓ Marketing opt-outs
Codespots also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, changes or updates to their accounts, deletion of their accounts, or that Codespots restrict its processing of user personal data.
A. Privacy settings
Settings menus in the Codespots app for riders give them the ability to set or update their location-sharing preferences and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from Codespots. Information about these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the effect of turning off these settings is described below.
- ✓ Location data Codespots uses riders’ device location services to make it easier to get a ride whenever they need one. Location data helps improve our services, including pickups, navigation, and customer support. Riders may enable or disallow Codespots to collect location data from their mobile devices through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Codespots app. Riders and delivery recipients can enable or disallow such collections through the settings on their mobile device.
- ✓ Share Live Location (riders) Riders who have enabled Codespots to collect location data from their mobile device may also enable Codespots to share their location with their driver from the time the ride is requested to the start of the trip. This can help improve pickups for both drivers and riders, particularly in crowded areas. Riders may enable or disable this feature through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Codespots app.
- ✓ Emergency Data Sharing (riders) Riders who have enabled Codespots to collect location data from their mobile device may also enable the Emergency Data Sharing feature that shares data with emergency police, fire, and ambulance services. Such data includes approximate location at the time the emergency call was placed; the car’s make, model, color, and license plate information; the rider’s name and phone number; pickup and dropoff locations; and the driver’s name. Riders may enable or disable this feature through the Settings > Privacy menus or the Safety Center in the Codespots app.
- ✓ Notifications: account and trip updates Codespots provides users with trip status notifications and updates related to activity on their account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the Codespots app and cannot be disabled. However, users may choose the method by which they receive these notifications through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Codespots app.
- ✓ Notifications: discounts and news Users may enable Codespots to send push notifications about discounts and news from Codespots. Push notifications may be enabled or disabled through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Codespots app. ✓ Communications from restaurant partners
Delivery recipients who have opted in to communications from restaurant partners may stop sharing their data with each restaurant partner in their Codespots account settings.
B. Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. iOS devices notify users the first time the Codespots app requests permission to access certain types of data and gives users the option to grant or refuse permission. Android devices notify users of the permissions that the Codespots app seeks before their first use of the app, and use of the app constitutes a grant of such permission.
C. Ratings look-up
After every trip, drivers and riders are able to rate each other on a scale from 1 to 5. An average of those ratings is associated with a user’s account and is displayed to other users for whom they provide or receive services. For example, rider ratings are available to drivers from whom they request transportation, and driver ratings are available to their riders.
This 2-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for drivers and riders. Riders can see their average rating in the main menu of the Codespots app. Drivers can see their average rating after tapping their profile photo in the Codespots Driver app.
Delivery partners are also rated by delivery recipients and restaurant partners. Click here for more information.
D. Marketing opt-outs
Users may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Codespots here. Users may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Codespots by following the unsubscribe instructions in those messages. We may still send users who have opted out non-promotional communications, such as receipts for rides or information about their account.
E. User data requests
Codespots provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about Codespots’s handling of their data. To make a request, please go here.
- ✓ Accessing data: Users can ask for an explanation of the data we collect from them and how we use it.
- ✓ Receiving data: Users can ask for a copy of data that Codespots collects from them with their consent or as necessary to provide our services.
- ✓ Changing or updating data: Users can edit the name, phone number, email address, payment method, and photo associated with their account through the Settings menu in Codespots’s apps or driver portal. They may also ask that Codespots change or update their data, including if they believe such data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- ✓ Deleting data: Users may request deletion of their account at any time through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Codespots app, or through Codespots’s website (riders and delivery recipients here; drivers and delivery partners here).
- ✓ Objections, restrictions, and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or that we limit our use of their data. Codespots may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.